Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Profile: Athens Boys Choir

Reasons to love Athens Boys Choir:
  1. He's a hot, out transguy
  2. He doesn't take himself so seriously that he can't write songs such as "EZ Heeb."
  3. He toured with Ani Difranco
  4. He's a southern boy.
While visiting some friends a couple weeks ago, I got the chance to listen to some more songs by Athens Boys Choir than "Fagette," which I first heard earlier this spring.

God help me, the man makes me like rap.
I don't have a lot to say on this subject because, frankly, I'm still getting familiar with this artist. Six months from now, I may hate him.

But right now, I kinda love him. He's an awesome, notable transguy who talks about being trans in his music. And he's not half as depressing as Lucas Silveira can be in his lyrics at times.

I mean, just look:
I rest my case.

0 comments:

Post a Comment